Michigan boasts some amazing choices in public health majors for you to choose from. There are 11 colleges or universities in the state offering public health majors, and some of those schools offer multiple public health majors for you to choose from. When trying to decide the best public health major for you, ask yourself the following questions:
- How much can you afford to spend on your degree?
- What stage of your career in public health are you in, and how do specific public health majors help you advance your career?
- How long can you devote to earning a public health major, overall and in hours weekly?
- Where would you like to work after earning your public health major?
- Do you want to earn a public health major online, on-campus, or through a hybrid delivery format?
- What specializations or concentrations do public health majors offer, and how can they serve your career goals?
There may be other important questions for you to ask in your search for a public health major that are specific to you. The more you know about what kind of public health major you’re looking for, the easier it’ll be to find the best school in Michigan or anywhere else for you to take one. In order to help you in your quest, we’ve ranked the top public health majors in Michigan. Another great thing to do in your search for a public health major is to contact any school you find and request more information from them to help you in your application process, or to determine whether they’re actually the right fit for you.
We included the following five schools on our ranking of the best public health majors in Michigan: the University of Michigan, Michigan State University, Andrews University, Grand Valley State University, and Calvin College. The schools that made our list offer online, on-campus and hybrid delivery formats, giving you flexibility over where you live, when you attend school, and how you attend a public health major based on your needs and ongoing responsibilities. We ranked schools with public health majors based on their:
- Costs of attendance
- Graduation rates
- Retention rates
- Reviews from students on Niche
- Among other considerations.
The best school in Michigan to take a public health major depends largely on you. On our ranking you’ll find programs that let you focus on:
- Environmental Health
- Nutrition and Wellness
- Health Promotion
- Public Health Policy and Administration
- Global and Cultural Public Health
You’ll also find public health programs at the:
- Bachelor level
- Master’s level
- Doctoral level
- And certificates in public health.
Now that you’ve gotten a brief overview of the best public health majors in Michigan, and what you should consider before choosing one, you’re ready to further explore your options. Head to our ranking of the best public health majors in Michigan to see more in-depth coverage of these programs. Whenever you find a program you like, you can easily reach out to the school that provides it to request more information.