Illinois is home to a lush, multifaceted network of colleges and universities. It has significant public health programs, some that can be taken entirely online.
When choosing between the top public health schools, make sure to consider your specific needs, ongoing responsibilities, and what your career goals are. National prestige may seem important, but make sure to choose a program that works for you, properly trains you for the specific career within the field that you want, and lets you graduate in the shortest time possible for the lowest cost. The top public health school for you may be very different than for another person. That’s why we built our ranking of The 5 Best Public Health Degrees in Illinois based on different school’s online programming availability, their national rankings, graduation and retention rates, cost of attendance, student feedback, among other criteria.
The final five schools that made our list are:
- University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign
- Northwestern University
- University of Illinois Springfield
- Loyola University Chicago
- University of Illinois at Chicago
The top public health school on our ranking was the University of Illinois at Chicago. Besides offering a Pre-Public Health program, a Bachelor’s in Public Health, a Master’s in Public Health, and the DrPH, its alumni make up a significant portion of the medical and health sector in Illinois. The two schools with online offerings are Loyola University Chicago and the University of Illinois Springfield.
When you click on the Illinois top public health schools ranking, you’ll find more detailed information about the degrees offered, how their formatted and delivered, along with a look at the schools that host them. From there you can dig in, do more research and find the top public health school for you. If you want to expand your search beyond Illinois to other states, we also offer rankings of:
- The 5 Best Public Health Degree Programs in California
- The 5 Best Public Health Degree Programs in Texas
- The 5 Best Public Health Degree Programs in Florida
- The 5 Best Public Health Degree Programs in New York
- The 5 Best Public Health Degree Programs in Pennsylvania
We’ve also taken a broader look at public health degrees by degree level. Here’s some of the top public health schools we’ve found across the country:
- Top 20 Online Bachelors in Public Health Degree Programs
- Top 5 Online Doctorates in Public Health
- The Top 25 Online MPH Programs
- Top Online PhD (DrPH) Degrees in Public Health
Now you have several options to search through the top public health schools based on location, degree level and specialization. Use that as a start for your search for a program, and you’ll already save time and effort!