If you want to earn an online Master’s degree in Public Health, you’ll find significantly less options that on-campus, traditional programs. There are still some great choices available, both online and on-campus. We’ve ranked The 5 Best Public Health Degree Programs in Ohio to make your search for an online Master’s degree in public health (or any other Ohio public health degree you might want) as simple as possible. Let’s check out some of the options we found.
In Columbus, Ohio, The Ohio State University rules supreme in terms of higher education. They also offer a wide variety of public health degrees, although unfortunately no online Master’s degrees in public health.
OSU does offer:
- A Bachelor of Science in Public Health that comes in an Environmental Public Health specialization and a Public Health Sociology specialization.
- A BSPH + MPH program that can be completed in 5 years.
- A Master of Public Health with 8 specializations.
- A Master of Health Administration.
- A Master of Science with four health-related specializations.
- A Doctor of Philosophy with 5 health-related specializations.
- Four public health graduate certifications, and two minors.
In 2017-18, graduate tuition for OSU was:
- $12,425 for in-state students.
- $33,897 for out-of-state students.
But if you want to earn an online Master’s degree in public health from an Ohio school, you’ll have to go a little further than Columbus. There’s one Ohio university that offers students from all over the world several online options. That school is Kent State University, in Kent, Ohio, which is under 40 miles from Cleveland. It’s not Columbus, but it’s a great city in its own right.
Some quick facts about Kent:
- It serves over 30,000 students with a 21:1 student-to-faculty ratio
- It offers 250 baccalaureate, 40 associate, 50 master’s, and 23 doctoral programs of study through several campuses in Ohio, and additional facilities in New York City, Florence, Italy, and online.
- Its College of Public Health’s mission is to, “develop public health leaders and promote sustainable public health innovations in collaboration with community partners in northeast Ohio through teaching, research, and service.”
In 2017-18, graduate tuition and fees at Kent are:
- $11,310 for in-state students.
- $20,396 for out—of-state students.
Lets take a quick look at Kent’s public health offerings, including its online Master’s degrees in public health. In undergraduate online public health degrees:
- Online BSPH in Health Services Administration
- Online BSPH in Health Promotion and Education
- Online BSPH in Allied Health
- Online BSPH in Clinical Trials Research
And in Kent’s online Master’s in public health degrees (in addition to five other on-campus only MPH programs):
- Online MPH in Health Policy and Management
- Online MPH in Social and Behavioral Sciences
These are just two of the five spectacular options we’ve found in Ohio. To check out the rest, go to our ranking of The 5 Best Public Health Degree Programs in Ohio, and don’t delay.