If you want to earn your MPH in Nutrition online, you’ll have some excellent options to choose from. While there are more on-campus graduate nutrition programs, there are incredible online nutrition courses and degrees offered by our nation’s top public health schools. These programs let students access world-class nutrition classes online no matter where they are, without sacrificing the quality that their on-campus nutrition degrees are known for.
Some of the online nutrition courses you can expect to find in online or hybrid programs include:
- Nutrition and Dietetics Research
- Advanced Clinical Nutrition
- Methods of Nutritional Assessment
- Nutrition Policy
- Nutritional Epidemiology
- Nutrition Across the Life Cycle
You might notice that a lot of these nutrition classes overlap with other aspects of public health, like Health Policy work or Epidemiology. Since these programs combine nutrition courses with general public health education, you’ll be prepared to work in a host of different positions, and won’t be confined to strictly nutritionist career paths.
At Online Master’s in Public Health, we’ve cataloged five of the best options on for MPH degrees with online nutrition courses. The institutions are ranked based on our standard methodology which utilizes graduation rates, freshman retention rates, student opinion, and costs. The full methodology is disclosed in the ranking.
These MPH programs with online nutrition courses allow you to:
- Take courses virtually anywhere with an internet connection.
- Save time and money while you pursue your MPH in Nutrition.
- Attend school when you can, while maintaining your current work schedule and fulfill familial obligations.
- Take nutrition classes from a top public health school in a different part of the country and get a leg up on nutritional and public health roles there, then apply to them before having to commit to a move.
The public health schools that made our list all have unique benefits. They also all offer fascinating, premier online nutrition courses that you might not be able to access otherwise. The University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill has one of the overall top ranking public health schools in the nation, Gillings School of Global Public Health, and not just by our standards. While it was clearly our top choice, other schools offering online MPH in Nutrition degrees that topped our list are:
- University of Massachusetts Amherst
- University of South Florida
- Appalachian State University
- Liberty University
Just because you can take online nutrition courses through a specific school doesn’t mean it’s the right fit for you. When you’re looking through our ranking, or at nutrition classes anywhere, ask yourself:
- How much can you afford to pay for your nutritionist courses?
- How will the support services and the student-to-faculty ratio of a program impact your ability to complete it?
- How much time do you have to complete your nutritionist classes daily, weekly, and overall? Is full-time or part-time a better option?
- When are you able to take nutritionist courses considering your current schedule and responsibilities?
- What are your career goals as a nutritionist, and how can specific nutritionist classes help you achieve them?
- Where would you like to work with your nutritionist degree?
If you decide that an online MPH in Nutrition isn’t precisely what you want, be sure to explore hybrid options which may offer a bit more flexibility than traditional programs, but you may feel like they have a bit more of the desired structure and routine that makes you more comfortable. Regardless of what kind of program you choose, plenty of research and knowing the desired elements you want in a program before you begin requesting more information from schools can be a big step toward your academic success.